Location: Birmingham, UK
Front End Developer
Location: Birmingham, UK
Cake Agency, recently awarded the fast-growth award at the West Midlands Business Masters Awards, is excited to announce that we are recruiting for a new role as Front End Developer. We are a multi award-winning eCommerce consultancy helping clients grow their brand online.
We offer all round, holistic support across eCommerce from business consultancy, branding, marketing to front and back-end development. We primarily develop in Shopify for our website development and are looking for a candidate to lead a team of full -time developers as we continue our growth.
Based in the heart of the Jewellery Quarter you will be joining a team of 20 eCommerce enthusiasts and being part of a 4 full-time developers and growing! We are official Shopify Experts and principally do most of our development work in this space. Whilst not a specific requirement, experience and an appreciation of the Shopify Platform is desirable.
About this role
This role is ideal for someone wanting to take the next step in their eCommerce career, to work with the web development proposition of the agency and develop their talents by working with a range of clients in a small but fast growing agency environment.
We are looking for someone with the enthusiasm and passion to learn and get involved in the fast paced world of eCommerce, who can become a valued member of the team. If this sounds like
you, then we’d love to hear from you.
If you have 3+ years of experience in website development and looking for the next step in your career please get in touch to find out more about the role and the exciting benefits of becoming a Caker.
We have an extensive Caker Bonus scheme that covers financial rewards as well as fitness and lifestyle perks! Let’s have a chat and see if this could be the right move for you…
What you’ll bring
- Front & Back end development experience
- Excellent knowledge of HTML (5) , CSS (3), JS (client side + node.js)
- Experience in WordPress and Shopify core functions and theme development
- Ability to understand and work with other developers code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for timely project management
- Keeping track of projects and preparing comprehensive documentation of all development
- Git source code version control (Github)
- Portfolio of recent work (links to websites or code repositories / examples)
- Ability to take Adobe XD design files and turn them into functional webpages
- Excellent attention to detail
- Appreciation of market leading eCommerce platforms
- Good understanding of UI & responsive layouts
- Good knowledge of other languages we have used such as Go, Python, C#, PHP and MySQL
- Linux Server administration, ability to configure LAMP based web servers
- Knowledge of Shopify liquid template language