1. Optimise your paid social strategy to drive traffic for new customers such as using location based messages, you can then re-target them during the big event.
2. How are you currently appearing on the search engine results page? Increase organic search traffic by updating your brand campaign with the relevant messaging, extensions and keywords. Get going on this now!
3. Depending on how long you’re running the offers for, spread the load across logistic partners so they have time to process the orders – a slow delivery time won’t have your customers crawling back. Make sure you’re having the relevant conversations with your logistics partners now.
4. A LOW IN STOCK badge will drive people to buy NOW. Similarly, an OUT OF STOCK badge will encourage customers to convert more quickly on the others. Is your product page prepared?
5. Have you considered a pre-Black Friday pop-up? Opting for in-person discounts will peak interest from new customers.
6. Anything on sale should be set to red and compare at price function (how much% off). Is your website set up for this?
7. Now that you have decided which products are discounted, where on the site are you going to display them?A Black Friday landing page will make bargain browsing easier and more user friendly.
8. Spark interest by tiering your offers: 1. marked down on the collection, 2. site-wide reductions, 3. last chance offer… go go go! Is your tiered markdown plan ready?
9. Ads with lots of engagement on them (e.g., likes, comments, reactions, shares, etc.) are typically clicked on a whole bunch more than those with either a small amount or none at all. Run your ad only to your Facebook and Instagram page fans initially and include a CTA within the copy to comment.
10. Get your emails in place with a price drop flow, Black Friday specific. Our email partner Klaviyo allows you to harness unlimited data, build your ideal customer experience, and prove your ROI with the platform designed to take you further.
As part of our five-step approach to Black Friday, you should now be ready, have your creative prepared and your customer acquisition in place. The next step is to be on the ball throughout the week of Black Friday, and start thinking about the afterlife of your customers.