24-09-2021 | Black Friday
Cake’s Black Friday Series: GET READY
Are you ready for Black Friday trade?
- First thing’s first – what’s your offering? For a successful Black Friday campaign ascertaining your value proposal is crucial
- Check your site speed, review some high-traffic landing pages and think about the customer experience on those pages
- Have you considered a Black Friday theme for your website? A lead banner image, countdown page, notification bar, and badges will draw attention to upcoming savings
- Design – have you considered collateral to go within your packaging?
- Black Friday often means a lot of new customers, make sure you have an up-to-date welcome flow in place to help initiate these new customers to your brand (these updates can then all go live at one time)
- Does your website have a wish list? Get people to add to their wish list before the discount goes live so they can checkout easily on the day
- Delivery – have you considered extending your returns policy over this period to put buyers at ease and encourage them to convert at checkout?
- Ever thought about browser notifications? Add these to your website now to get customers opted in so you have another method of communicating your Black Friday deals
- If you work with influencers it’s worthwhile reaching out to your relevant influencer tribe to optimise your engagement
- Consider setting up payment options such as Klarna, Clearpay & Zip – if you have an Easy Announcement Bar this is the perfect place to highlight to your customers
- Take charge of your affiliate marketing by booking publishers in advance and continue building relationships in the run up
- Feeds are your best friend for Black Friday, all advertising platforms use feeds so make sure yours are working correctly. Make sure your feeds are optimised and ready to show your offers when they launch.
Like this article?
Check out our other post
We’ve worked with the team at Cake for years. They are an extension of our team, have supported our growth and kept us up to date in an ever-changing industry. We look forward to continuing our journey together!